Friday, January 8, 2010

The confident Button



Button gave his response to the critics who think that he made the wrong decision by going against Hamilton at Mclaren.
Many of his critics are former F1 drivers and the most strong opinion game from Eddie Irvine who said that Button is going to get "murdered by Lewis Hamilton".

But Button doesn't seem to be worried and he feels quite relax about his chances. Here is what he had to say about the critics and MS comeback.

"It makes my life a lot easier because I'm in a much more relaxed position than people telling me I'm going to destroy my team-mate," said Button.

"In a way, I don't think it's a negative. Maybe it's a positive. It helps you relax and focus on doing the important stuff.

"The important thing is I'm confident in my ability, so I don't feel I need to prove anything to anyone.

"People's comments don't change anything. The only way anything will be changed is on the circuit this season."

"First of all I think his return is amazing for the sport," said Button.

"Having four world champions racing (Fernando Alonso is the other), and one of them (Schumacher) who has achieved more than anyone else in the sport, is great," Button added.

"It's an unusual decision by Michael, but he's obviously got his reasons, having three years out of the sport and coming back in.

"I think it's really good, and you have to say fair play to Ross for getting him on board.

"I don't think there are many team principals or owners that would be able to get Michael in their car.

"So it's great having him back on the grid, and I look forward to the challenge this year with him.

"I'm sure it's going to take a couple of tests for him to get back in the groove, but he'll be there for the first race, I know that for certain."

Is that confidence, or is he pleased even if gets defeated? He is not expected to have the problems Alonso had and his more friendly character along with his British lineage might quickly give him the sense of familiarity and closeness he needs in the Mclaren garage. The question is. Is his smooth style driving able to win against Hamilton's attacking approach?

2010 sure has a lot of elements that make any fan wait with anticipation since the pair of Alonso-Massa in Ferrari is expected to have a fight for the number 1 status while little Rosberg doesn't seem very willing to make room for old Michael no matter how good Button thinks he will be.
We are certainly in for an interesting year.

No comments:

Post a Comment